A Security Update for TranASAP customers with either Stand-alone BarTender software and/or BarTender software integrated with SAP ECC® or SAP S/4HANA® software.
BCC Distribution, makers of TranASAP, recently learned of a new malware attack that targets a vulnerability in older releases of BarTender 2016 and certain updates from BarTender 2016 to BarTender 2019. Earlier this year Seagull Scientific issued fixes for this security issue. We urge you to update your software as soon as possible if they haven’t already done so.
A fresh installation of BarTender 2019 does not have the vulnerability, but if you have upgraded from BarTender 2016 to BarTender 2019 on the same machine, they may still be affected. The releases of BarTender 2019 R7 and newer specifically include a patch to fix this problem.
Please update your software as follows:
- BarTender 10.1: No Action Needed
- BarTender 2016: Update to the latest BarTender 2016 release (click here)
- BarTender 2019: Customers who updated from BarTender 2016, update to the latest BarTender 2019 release (click here)
- BarTender 2019 Clean Install: No Action Needed
- BarTender 2021 Preview 1 & 2: No Action Needed
You can identify which edition and release of BarTender you are using with this guide (click here).
Please address this immediately in order that this update will protect your systems.
You can reach the TranASAP Team at BCC Distribution at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 877-770-7226. A Free Trial of BarTender is available on our web site.