Extended Warehouse Management
For companies that utilize SAP S/4HANA® with Extended Warehouse Management, BCCD has a robust mobile, RF scanning, and barcode printing solution for SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) inventory transactions.
BCCD has designed, automated, and optimized SAP EWM software transactions and movement types, TranASAP software, and is purpose-built for simplicity and with today’s rugged and mobile radio frequency (or RF scanning) devices using enterprise-grade Android operating systems (OS). BCCD’s optimized and native SAP RF transactions work in conjunction with existing EWM mobile transactions. The transactions utilize BCCD’s best practice standards to create consistent data collection screens for the material handlers. Each transaction has been designed for Zebra mobile RF scanners with minimal words and little need to use the physical keypad on the device. This has been done to make the system extremely easy to use for the material handler. BCCD’s methodology is to utilize the concept of “data validation.” Within every RF scanning transaction, TranASAP validates every scan, in real-time, with the SAP data, so as to validate that the correct item, quantity, and location is being used. Custom transactions, to include SAP-integrated barcode label printing functionality, have also been built and exists in BCCD’s Software Transaction Library to achieve additional functionality specific to warehousing so as to allow for additional business efficiency. The RF software transactions have been developed in a real-time, directly integrated architecture using SAP’s ITSmobile development and connectivity tools, to include additional SAP connectivity options for select applications: SAP Console, UI5 design and Store and Forward (batch). The software has been designed and optimized to utilize certified mobile RF scanning devices, such as Zebra barcode scanners, hands-free wearables, vehicle-mounted terminals with tethered or Bluetooth barcode scanners, along with enterprise and rugged tablets.
- Receiving inventory against a Purchase Order or a Transfer Order and putting stock away (one step or two step).
- Material Staging
- Quarantine and Quality Control tracking and initiating.
- Label design and printing for receiving
- Directed Put away of inventory
- Moving inventory in and out of Quarantine / Quality.
- Moving inventory to and from BINS.
- Replenishment for BINS.
- Create, confirm and display Transfer Orders.
- KANBAN Processes.
- Goods Issue to an order, cost center or a project.
- Back Flushing.
- Label/form design and printing for picking and delivery.
- Picking inventory for delivery with automatically moving same part numbers to a central pick location.
- Picking utilizing Handling Unit Management (HUs / License Plates)
- Directed Picking
- TO Confirmation
- Handling Unit and Storage Unit creation, processing, tracking and display.
- Cross Docking
- Plant to Plant movements
- Outside vendor tracking
- Cycle Counting – Blind Count, Dynamic Count and Ad Hoc Count.
- Physical Inventory Counting
- Inventory Inquiry (by location and/or by part number)
- …and much more
Barcode printing includes:
- Utilization of SAP® Script, Smart Forms, Bartender and Nice Label.
- Printing “License Plates” (HU Labels or Serialized Labels)
- Material Labels
- GTIN Labels
- Bill of Lading document
- Pick Slips
- Shipping and delivery labels
Contact BCC Distribution to learn more about SAP mobility, barcode scanning and barcode printing.